24. Listener Q - Curcumin and Turmeric supplements, is one better for PKD?
Listener Q Episode!
"I heard that turmeric is good for PKD and that taking curcumin, although I have no idea what that is, helps with inflammation. My question is...are turmeric and curcumin the same thing, they are on lots of supplement labels together. And is one better for PKD than the other?"
Tune in and find out:
- What turmeric and curcumin are
- If either has benefits for PKD
- What the science says
- PKD Dietitian's thoughts on supplementation
WORK WITH ME: Lab & Kidney Health Review
PKD NUTRITION PROGRAM: Join the waitlist
- Curcumin and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD): Major Mode of Action through Stimulating Endogenous Intestinal Alkaline Phosphatase
- Therapeutic Roles of Curcumin: Lessons Learned from Clinical Trials
- Curcumin inhibits renal cyst formation and enlargement in vitro by regulating intracellular signaling pathways
- Combination of curcumin and ginkgolide B inhibits cystogenesis by regulating multiple signaling pathways
- Curcumin Therapy to Treat Vascular Dysfunction in Children and Young Adults with ADPKD: A Randomized Controlled Trial
The PKD Dietitian Podcast is meant for educational purposes only. Information presented should not be used in place of advice from a medical professional. If you would like to work with Diana, The PKD Dietitian, please check out your opportunities at www.thepkddietitian.com or email her at [email protected]