19. Ketogenic Diets: Are They Good for PKD? - Part. 1
Dive into all things Ketogenic Therapy and Polycystic Kidney Disease with The PKD Dietitian.
This is the first episode of a 3-part series!
IN THIS EPISODE:
- You will learn about the history of ketogenic diet therapy in medicine
- Finally know, and understand what ketones, ketosis, and keto are
- Get an answer to the million-dollar question of why were are even talking about keto & PKD
- Expert answers to some of your top questions, like "Can I do keto for PKD?" and "Should I do keto"
Make sure to hit that SUBSCRIBE button and never miss an episode!
History of Keto
- Ketosis Slows the Progression of PKD https://www.nature.com/articles/s41581-019-0226-4
- Ketosis Ameliorates Renal Cyst Growth in Polycystic Kidney Disease https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6904245/
- Ren.Nu, a Dietary Program for Individuals with Autosomal-Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease Implementing a Sustainable, Plant-Focused, Kidney-Safe, Ketogenic Approach with Avoidance of Renal Stressors https://www.mdpi.com/2673-8236/2/2/20
Keto & PKD: Two Myths and one truth
What is sugar and does it affect PKD?